We have an exclusive position with AmTrust International - They are seeking a full time permanent Internal Audit International SOX to join their London office.
Plan and perform SOX audits in accordance with the SOX plan, AmTrust audit methodology and professional standards under the direction of the Internal Audit Management and HIA
- Planning - Performing process walkthroughs to identify the key activities, risks and controls.
- Risk Assessment - Applying risk and control concepts to assess control design and developing a test approach of the key controls.
- Operational Effectiveness Testing -Testing the effectiveness of the key controls identified.
- Documenting - Compiling clear and concise audit work papers and reports with conclusions that are supported by the work performed.
- Reporting - Discussing and reporting control design deficiencies and controls not operating as designed.
- Issue Tracking - Validating with management in resolution and implementation of corrective action plans.
- Working / teaming with PwC during 2017 to plan, document and test the controls.
- Enhancing AmTrust's overall control environment by identifying opportunities for internal control improvements and communicate recommendations.
- Support the SOX leader with various planning, reporting, control and governance-related activities.
- Provide assistance KPMG, the external auditors, in the performance of their activities.
- Perform special project work and other procedures in the wider Internal Audit team as necessary.
- Develop and maintain technical proficiency and current knowledge of professional standards, including accounting, auditing and financial reporting requirements.
- Be familiar with working within an audit system (e.g. GRC or equivalent).
- ACA, ACCA, PIIA, CMIIA, CPA or equivalent audit qualification, or be at the final year of studies.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in accounting, finance or other relevant discipline.
- Substantial audit experience in the Financial Services industry, preferably in the general insurance and/or Lloyd's environment.
- Excellent understanding of internal audit methodologies, risk and control frameworks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Solvency II awareness.
- Comfort at being a part of a global management team with a focus on a high level of communication, coordination, and consistency.
- Take responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual to join a growing Internal Audit team, in order to make a real difference to a fast growing business through the performance of quality, risk-focused, and professional internal audits.
Application Opening Date: 05 September 2017
Application Closing Date: 05 October 2017